E-mail Id :
Educational Qualification :
B. tech – Electrical & Electronics, M G University
M. Tech – Energy Systems Engineering, IIT Bombay
Ph.D – Pursuing, CUSAT
ENERGY SYSTEM ENGINEERING
Administrative Responsibilities :
- First year Chief Coordinator
- Internal Auditing cell convener
- Mentor Placement, MITS
Current Research Interest :
- Power Electronic converters
- Renewable energy integration
- Energy conservation and Management.
Certified Energy Manager, Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Power Ministry, Govt. of India.
- K R Varmah and Chikku Abraham, “Power Electronics”, Elsevier Publishers, ISBN No. 978-93-5107-188-4, 2014.
- K R Varmah, Chikku Abraham and Ginnes K John, “Fundamentals of Electrical Machines and Drives”, Elsevier Publishers, ISBN No. 978-93-5107-258-4, 2014.
List of Publications :
- Chikku Abraham and S. V. Kulkarni, “FDTD Simulated Propagation of Electromagnetic Pulses due to PD for Transformer Diagnostics,” Paper 1569128887, IEEE TENCON 2008, IEEE Asia-Pacific Region 10 International conference, Hyderabad, India, November 18-21, 2008.
- Chikku Abraham, Avinash S. Bhangaonkar, and S. V. Kulkarni, “Towards Development of Competence in Simulation and Measurement of Partial Discharge Signals in the UHFRange,” Fifteenth National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), IIT Bombay, December 2008, pp. 436-441.
- Remya K G, ChikkuAbraham andBabitha R Jose “A slope compensated Current Mode controlled Boost Conveter” International Conference on Eco-friendly Computing and Communication Systems, Kochi, Springer, August 2012, p.p.69-76.
- Remya K G, Chikku Abraham and Prof K R Varmah “Design and Simulation of Current Mode controlled Boost Conveter” Fifth national conference on Advances in Energy Conversion Technologies AECT February, 2012, Manipal University.
- Basil Kumar N K and Chikku Abraham “Analysis and Simulation Study of An Inverter Integrated with Soft Switching for a BLDC Drive System” International Conference on Emerging Trends In Engineering (ICETE’12), NITTE, Karnataka, India, ISBN No. 978-81-923974-0-5, May 2012.
- RemnaRadhakrishnan, Salitha K and Chikku Abraham “Position Sensorless Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor Drive” International Conference on Emerging Trends In Engineering (ICETE’12), NITTE, Karnataka India, ISBN: 978-81-923974-0-5, May 2012.
- Anumol George, K R Varmah and Chikku Abraham “ Simulation of HPF Offline Power Supply for Wide Input Voltage Ranges Using IBFC ” Proceedings of National Conference on Computational Intelligence in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (NCIEEE), Sathyabhama University, Chennai, ISBN: 978-81-909042-6-1, March 2012.
- Jassia M A, Caroline Ann Sam and Chikku Abraham “CompactSynchronous Buck Voltage Regulator with ZVS for WideLoadRange ” Proceedings of National Conference on Computational Intelligence in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (NCIEEE), SathyabhamaUniversity, Chennai, ISBN: 978-81-909042-6-1, March 2012.
- Chikku Abraham, Poornima M S and Babita Roslind Jose, “A Novel Multiple Gain inductorless Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter”, International Conference on Advances in Computer and communication system (ICACC), IEEE – CPS, August 2014, Kerala, India.
- Chikku Abraham, Preetha K G, Susan Ninan and Babita Roslind Jose, “Charge Pump Driven High Step Up Converter for Renewable Energy Harvesting”, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical Engineering (ICETREE), Elsevier publications proceedings, August 2014, TKM College of Engineering, Kollam, Kerala, India.
- Chikku Abraham, Rakhee R and Babita Roslind Jose, “A Multiple Input Mulitple Gain Switched Capacitor DC-DC Converter with Reduced Switch Count”, International Symposium on Electronic Design (ISED 2014), NIT Surathkal, December 2014, IEEE-CPSMangalore, India.
- Chikku Abraham, B. R. Jose, and Jimson Mathew, “ A Multiple Input Variable Output Switched Capacitor DC–DC Converter for Harnessing Renewable Energy and Powering LEDs, Journal of Low Power Electronics, Vol. 11, 1–11, 2015.
- Chikku Abraham, B. R. Jose, and Jimson Mathew, “A dual source switched-capacitor converter with solar energy integration capability” Int. J. Energy Technology and Policy (2016).
Ph.D Thesis :
Pursuing in the field of Switched Capacitor converters.
Employment History :
- Teaching, 15 (11 years at Rajagiri School of Engg. Kakkanad), (3 years at Mangalam College of engineering, Ettumanoor)
- Research, 5 years (2011- Part time Research scholar at CUSAT)
- Industry, 3 years (2 Years at KITCO Ltd, Kochi), (I year at P.T. Kaltimex Energy, Indonesia)