MITS offers two hostels associated with the campus - Adam's Hostel (Men's Hostel near the campus), and Eve's Hostel (within the campus).
Hostel Rules and Regulations
- Application form for admission to hostel can be collected from college office at the beginning of every academic year.
- Allotment of rooms shall be made by the Deputy Warden/Matron under the orders of Warden.
- Students must occupy the rooms allotted to them and should not change/exchange rooms without prior permission from the Deputy Warden/Hostel Authorities. Violations of this rule will result in the Expulsion of the student concerned from the hostel.
- Resident Member may be shifted from one room to another without assigning any reason by the Warden.
- Hostel Furniture shall not be removed from one room to another under any circumstances. Students are responsible for the care of furniture and fittings in their respective rooms. The cost of furniture and fittings will be recovered from them in case of any damage or loss along with the fine of Rs.1000/-.
- Students are not allowed to use extra electrical fitting in their rooms unless permitted by the Hostel Authorities.
- All the rooms, doors and windows should be kept neat and tidy. A fine of Rs.2000 will be levied for disfiguring of doors, glass panels, Furniture and walls of rooms from the resident(s) of the room in addition to the amount needed for repairing and repainting the above.
- Students should keep the toilets and bathrooms clean, failing which a collective fine of Rs.3000/- will be collected from the residents of the respective wings/floors.
- Residents are instructed to switch off the lights and fans when they go out of the rooms, to save electric power. A fine of Rs.250/- per day will be collected from the residents of the rooms, who violate this instruction.
- Guests /Visitors are not permitted to enter any rooms allotted to the residents.
- No use of mobile phone between 8.30 pm and 5.00 am in hostel premises. If found, it will be kept under the custody of hostel authorities and will be given back only after completing their period of stay at hostel.
- No student should stay away from the hostel on any day without the prior permission of the concerned Deputy Warden/Associate Warden/Principal and Warden.
- Students should not paste any posters /pictures etc on the walls, doors, windows and shelves. Cut-outs should not be placed or brought in the hostel.
- Students should not arrange any functions or meeting within the hostel /college campus or outside the campus, without prior permission from the Principal and Warden.
- Students should return to the hostel before 6.30 pm on all days.
- Inmates are not permitted to use mobile phone in mess halls while dinning.
- Those students misbehaving of any kind with hostel matron/sergeants will be subjected to disciplinary action.
- Student should not keep large amount of cash or costly items like mobile phones, camera, Electronic gadgets, jewellery etc. in their rooms. Hence complaint about loss or theft about such costly items is discouraged.
- Students are not permitted to stay in hostel during working hours unless otherwise informed to hostel matron/sergeants and respective class advisors.
- Every movement of the student in and out of the hostel shall be recorded in a movement register by the respective student and verified it by sergeants/matron.
- The hostel will be personally inspected by the Deputy Warden and other authorities regularly. The residents will be subjected to severe disciplinary action if they fail to follow above mentioned rules and regulations.
Code of Conduct for Students
- No student shall indulge in any form of ragging of the fresher students, causing mental or physical agony or inflict monetary loss to them, harass them or indulge in any kind of obscenity, vulgarity or violence with them. Students found involved in any form of ragging are liable to severe disciplinary action, and shall be punishable under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code 1860.
- Students should not indulge in such acts which may disturb others at study or work in the hostels like loud playing of musical instruments or radios or loud singing or dancing etc.
- Students are not permitted to consume or take alcoholic drinks and harmful drugs within the Hostels/college premises. Any infringement of this order or visiting any place declared out of bounds to students will result in disciplinary action against the students concerned.
- Students are not permitted to keep fire-arms or any lethal weapon with them even if they possess a license for it.
- Any furniture should not be removed from the rooms and used elsewhere either inside or outside the hostel without the permission of the Warden.
- Students are cautioned to be very careful about the safety of their belongings. They should close their rooms securely when they leave the room even for short periods or when they are sleeping. Any theft either of a student's personal property or of the Institute property should be reported promptly to the Supervisor/Warden.
- Students should not keep large sums of money or valuable articles with them or in their rooms. They are advised to open a Savings Bank Account in a Bank/Post Office.
- For the proper management of hostel life, a hostel Committee will be constituted for various hostels with the Warden as the Chairman and members to assist him. The main activities of the hostel Council will be to look after hostel upkeep, the welfare of inmates, recreational, cultural and disciplinary activities shall be entrusted to it
- The hostel inmates will refer their difficulties to Warden and invariably report all offences connected with discipline to concern HOD's. Offences of a major nature in hostel will be referred by him/her to the Wardens /Academic council who will take suitable action in the matter.
- Residents found breaking any Rules & Regulations, Terms & Conditions at any hostel(s) under the purview of this institute are liable for expulsion from the hostel/disciplinary action.