Education is a process of learning and transformation of a student. MITS is always dedicated to the holistic development of the learners. The internal and external challenges of our younger generation are to be resolved in order to empower them properly. For this a close assessment and a warm interaction with the individual students is mandatory. The counselling centre is functioning in the college under the guidance of professional Psychologist Dr. Sindhu Ajith.
The purpose of clinical counseling is that students can freely and confidentially express their academic, emotional and personal pressures and concerns to a professional who can help them effectively.
The major objective of the counseling centre is to facilitate Academic, Emotional, Social and cognitive development of the students hence to empower them in their learning and personal development.Other than students, parents and teachers are also getting the benefits from the counsellor in order to pave a path to the students inside the campus and in their homes. Evening sessions are mainly conducting for Hostel inmates who are away from their own homes.
Other than students, parents and teachers are also getting the benefits from the counsellor in order to pave a path to the students inside the campus and in their homes. Evening sessions are mainly conducting for Hostel inmates who are away from their own homes.
Some Common Issues of Our Youngsters
- Academic pressures ( Lack of concentration and motivation for studies, underachievement, backlogs, exam stress, unhealthy competition)
- Loneliness and homesickness
- Adjustment difficulties
- Peer pressure
- Relationship issues
- Family Problems
- Cyber bullying
- Behavioural problems (anger outbursts, disobedience, lying etc)
- Low confidence and self esteem
- Suicidal thoughts
- Depression ,anxiety and other mental health problems
- Substance abuse
Activities of the Centre
- One- to- one counselling sessions
- Group counselling sessions
- Class room lecture hours
- Psychological support for students with difficulty in academic performance
- Motivation sessions for bright performers
- Counselling for parents
- Counselling services for Staff
- Training for Faculty Advisors
- Psychometric tests and therapy
- Associated activities with placement cell
Call directly to college reception and ask for student’s counselor.You will get extension to Counselling centre. Or else just walk in at the centre. Parents can also call in the cell @ 8281582933 between 7.am to 7.30 am or 7.pm to 7.30pm on Monday to Friday.
Timing for Consultation
Centre will function in all working days from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm. Parents can meet counsellor with prior appointment during all working days.