Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science (MITS) has a zero tolerance policy regarding RAGGING. MITS has formed anti-ragging committee/squad to strictly deal with ragging incidents. Each student is requested to have an introspection about the evils of ragging that puts the reputation of the institution at stake, shatters the psyche of the victim and spoils the future of the culprit. College has taken various precautions as per AICTE norms to prevent ragging and ensure 100% no-ragging. Some of them are
- Formed an Anti- Ragging Committee consisting of senior faculty members, senior Technical staff, and senior administrative officer and headed by HoD of one of the Department.
- Committee has taken steps and allotted duties to all the staff members at almost all areas in the college (i.e. canteen, parking places, different blocks, play grounds etc.) and ensure that at least two faculty member will be present at any particular time at all the locations to avoid ragging activities.
- Many awareness programmes about Anti-Ragging were organised by the Anti-Ragging Committee.
- Wide canvassing about anti-ragging, is being done in the forms of Flexes, Posters and Boards in college premises and surrounding areas where there is a chance of ragging.
Objectives of Anti Ragging Committee
Anti-Ragging Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the college Campus. The Anti-Ragging Squad will work under the Supervision of Anti Ragging Committee and to engage in the works of checking places like Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms and other places of student congregation. Anti-Ragging Committee will be involved in designing strategies and action plan for curbing the menace of Ragging in the college by adopting array of activities.
Responsibilities of Anti-Ragging Squad
Anti-Ragging Squad will be working under the Monitoring of Anti Ragging Committee and will seek advice from the Anti-Ragging Committee. The functions of Anti-Ragging Squad will be to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging, if any, happening / reported in the places of Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Buses, Grounds, Hostels etc. The Squad will also educate the students at large by adopting various means about the menace of Ragging and related Punishments there to. They shall work in Consonance and Guidance of Anti Ragging Committee.
If anyone suspects or comes to know about, or becomes a victim of ragging inside or outside the campus please contact any of the anti-ragging committee members.
College Level Anti-Ragging Committee for the academic year 2017 -18
1. Dr. Abhilash Antony HOD, ECE (Convener) Mob. 9447478762
2. Dr. Manoj Kumar, Asso. Professor ( ME )
3. Dr. Resmi N. G, Asst. Prof. (CSE)
4. Dr. K Meena Asso. Professor ( BS&H )
5. Mr. Ramakrishnan P. V Asst. Prof. (EEE)
6. Ms. Vilma Baby Asst. Prof. (CE)
7. Mr. Jolly Abraham (Administrative Officer)
8. Mr. P. K. Binoy (Trade Instructor)
(Inaugural day pictures)