ABOUT – CSE DEPARTMENT
Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science (MITS) Puthencruz was established in May 2013 and started its academic program in August 2013. From the time of inception itself Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) was established as one of the major departments of the Institute. With an annual intake of 60 students, the department offers a four year course of B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering. The faculty members of the discipline are from diverse streams and specializations. Being a part of an emerging and relatively new institute, together with extremely competent research faculty, the Computer Science and Engineering faculty of MITS offer a unique interactive platform for the students to explore the arena of fundamental and applied research. Well qualified, experienced and dedicative faculty committed to teaching and passionate about research & development makes this department unique. The Department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by high speed Ethernet and wireless networks. The fully equipped labs give students a hands-on learning opportunity, and there by getting first-hand experience in various computer science areas. Department of CSE aims in providing inclusive technology education to all the inmates. The department provides an ideal ambience to imbibe the best for its students.
- To be recognized as a socially accountable thought leader in applications of computational technologies and a centre of excellence in solving complex and cross-disciplinary problems.
- Develop pedagogical practices that help equip students with the ability to self-learn and reason.
- Improve ability to communicate on complex engineering activities and interpersonal skills by developing proper training methods and professional networking.
- Improve problem solving ability by promoting computational thinking and working on cross-disciplinary projects.
- Create and sustain networks in professional, academic and startup environments to stay updated with changes in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Instill social commitment in students and faculty by engaging in spreading computer literacy and other socially relevant services.
- Promote research towards developing insight into complex problems.