NEWS & EVENTS – BS & H
SCHOLASTIC HI-Q INTER COLLEGIATE QUIZ 2017
On 01 Nov 2017,BS& H Department organized the third edition of this annual quiz completion in commemoration of late President of India, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam on the occasion of his birth anniversary on the topic Advancements in Science and Technology. Quiz master Mr. Kiran Govind, Junior scientist from National Physical Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), DRDO, Kakkanad conducted the quiz. Twelve teams participated and five teams qualified for the final round. The first & second position was bagged by MITS students
WORKSHOP ON STOCHASTIC PROCESS AND MARKOV CHAINS
A workshop on Stochastic process and markov chains organized by BS& H department on January 23rd,2017.Dr. A.Krishnamoorthy, emeritus scientist, KSCSTE (Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment) and Dr. Viswanath C.Narayanan, Assistant Professor, GEC, Thrissur were the resource persons for the event. Faculties from various colleges attended the workshop.
MATHS CLUB EVENTS CONDUCTED
• Poster Presentation : Topic ‘Mathematics in Nature’ or ‘Mathematics in Graphics’
• Teach the Teacher Competition
• Maths Quiz conducted by Quiz master ,Asst.Prof. & HOD Dr. Aparna Lakshmanan, St. Xavier's college for women Aluva
• Members of the Maths Club participated in the Maths Club Day at Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology held on February 28th 2017
• Members of the Maths Club participated in the “All Kerala Inter-Collegiate Quiz Competition” conducted by Toc H Institute of Science and Technology held on March 18th 2017
LITERARY & DISCUSSION FORUM FOR STAFF
• Weekly Sessions conducted on the following: • Book reviews
Coordinator: Ms Gincy P Kuriakose
SCHOLASTIC HI-Q INTER COLLEGIATE QUIZ 2015
Basic Science and Humanities Department organized an Inter-Collegiate Quiz Competition, Scholastic Hi-Q, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of late, beloved President of India Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam. The competition was held on 17.10.2015, Saturday. From all over Kerala 26 teams participated in the competition. Mr. Kiran Govind, scientist form NPOL was the Quiz master. The team of Aravind G.S. and Sachin S. B from Mohandas College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram won the first prize, they bagged a cash prize of Rs.10000, trophy and certificates. The team of Abdul Vassim Suraj and Fazal Basheer from Mar Athanasius College of Engineering were the runners-up. They bagged a cash prize of Rs. 5000, trophy and certificates.
- Basic Science and humanities Department organized a talk by Prof. Rein Nobel, an eminent mathematician from Vrije University, Amsterdam on the topic The Downs-Thompson Paradox for a parallel queuing system on 15th December 2015 in the seminar hall.