BEC PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME (offered by Cambridge Assessment)
Targeted Group: All first year students
Period: Semester 1&2
Assessment: 14th March 2019
Advantages of BEC: Increases proficiency in English communication. Gain an internationally recognized certificate. Candidates who pass the certification exam will earn 50 activity points as prescribed by KTU.
Exam Preparation support provided by the college: 30- 40 hours of class room training is being provided to the students by faculty trained by Cambridge Assessment. Study material including Audio CD given to registered students. Mock tests and additional evening sessions will be conducted to support their preparation.
Faculty: Binitha Jose Asst. Professor
Gincy P Kuriakose, Asst. Professor
Suzanna Alex, Asst. Professor
The future depends on what you do today
Campus to Corporate …
Backpack to briefcase
Class room to Conference Room
Student To professional
Will our students be successful in this transformation?
….. Time will tell, but what we do at present will ensure that they are well prepared for this transition.
A number of training modules have been designed, developed and implemented by the In house Training& Development team which focuses on the holistic development of the students.
Glimpses of some of the training initiatives:
1. STEP (Student To Employable Professional). A two day workshop designed to ensure that students get the opportunity to plan the first step on the ladder of their career with confidence and elan. It includes GD/PI training, CV writing, Etiquette and Grooming sessions.
2. ACE(Aspirations & Communicative Excellence). The objective of the program is to encourage and empower students to think, frame and express in English and thereby improve fluency.
3. Just Skilling :A program that aims to develop the LSRW (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing) Skills of the students.
4. ‘Odyssey’ Seven days to Discover Yourself. A self-discovery program will help the participants to overcome their inhibitions and discover oneself in the process.It aims at developing basic life skills necessary for facing challenges in life. The main focus is self awareness and confidence building through experiential learning.
5. Goal Setting and Time management Workshop
6. CSEP ( Communication Skills Enhancement Program) : A series of training interventions planned for First year students to improve Communication Skills